Candoro Marble was needed as a showroom and a place to cut and polish the marble. Candoro Marble Company’s showroom, office, and grounds and buildings were completed in 1923. The building was designed by the famous architect Charles Barber. Carved marble ornamentation by sculptor Albert Milani. Ornamental ironwork decorating the main entrance is by Samuel Yellin. The John J. Craig Company operated several quarries in the vicinity of Knoxville, TN. Quarried marble was sent to the Candoro Marble Company facility for storing, processing, and polishing marble from local quarries. Candoro Marble Company also processed marble that was imported to the United States.